Empowerment Technology

SPORT BLOG
I'm Pia Janzel F. Tovera and I want to share with you my journey in playing badminton and my personal techniques.
Since I was grade 4, I'm already an athlete in our school, our coach see that I have the potential in playing this kind of sport.

Badminton is my favorite sport because playing it makes me stay active throughout the day. Playing badminton requires speed, strength, and precision. It is a good player one needs to practice frequently. When I play the game with my friends, I feel energetic throughout the day. Playing badminton feeds my body with the much-needed energy to help me go through each day.

My Aunt was a Professional badminton player, and she kept on encouraging me to join her during her practice sessions. She influenced my attitude toward playing badminton. I learned most of the skills by observing my aunt play in most professional tournaments where she usually emerges as the winner. I also developed an interest in playing badminton because after playing me feel relaxed getting Rid of all the stress.

When I feel low, I prefer playing badminton instead of going shopping or playing computer games. Playing badminton often reminds me of how my father taught me some simple technique of defending myself from bullies.

I play badminton during my free time because this is the opportunity I have to bond with my friends and family. My friends and I have played in several competitions, like intramurals, district meet. Since grade 4, I was the champion in intramurals and district meet. The most interesting thing about playing badminton is that the more you play, the more you feel challenged by your opponent.

I'm Shiene G. Pimentel, and I'd want to share my badminton adventure and personal approaches with you.
Since I was in sixth grade, I have been an athlete at our school, and our coach believes that I have the ability to play this sport.

Playing badminton gives me a good sportsmanship and cultivate good values such as fair play. Having played the game only a few times, my best experiences were having a lot of fun, working up a good sweat with a good workout and laughing while playing. And that's the point of sports of me. 

Badminton is one of the most amazing and energetic game that I ever played. It adds strength to my body and makes me confident, fir and energetic all the time. The moments of cherish when I enjoy with my friends is PRICELESS. Badminton is the best option to keep myself energetic, healthy and happy all day. Once you start playing badminton, there is no going back.

Badminton is an interesting game because every time I play, there is some anxiety and excitement in the end. At the end of the game, there has to be a winner; this makes the battle more exciting.

BADMINTON                                                     
Badminton is a racket sport played by either two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles), who take positions on opposite halves of rectangular court that is divided by a net. Playing badminton is easy all you need is two rackets and shuttlecock. The rackets for playing are light, the racket weigh about 90 grams. 

The shuttlecock (or shuttle) is a feathered projectile whose unique aerodynamic properties cause it to fly differtly the balls used in most racket sports, in particular, the feathers create much higher drag, causing the shuttlecock to decelerate more rapidly than a ball. When playing, you need to smash the light shuttlecock towards the opponents direction. Players need a lot of energy to ensure that the shuttlecock crosses over the net towards the opposite direction.

HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF A BADMINTON
Badminton was known in ancient times, an early form of the sport was played in ancient Greece. In the west, badminton came from a game called BATTLEDORE and SHUTTLECOCK, in which two or more players keep a feathered shuttlecock in the air with small rackets. The game was called a "POONA" in India during the 18th century, and British Army officers stationed there took a competitive Indian version back to England in the 1860's where it was played at country houses as an upper class amusement.

BADMINTON FACTS
       • Badminton is the second most popular sport in the               world.
       • Badminton is the world's fastest racket sport 
       • The original name of badminton was BATTLEDORE                and Shuttlecock.
       • Badminton has been Olympic sport since 1992.
       • The best badminton shuttles are made from the                     feathers, from the left wing of a goose and it takes 16           feathers to make the shuttle.


BADMINTON SKILLS

       • Holding the racket
       • Racket grips
       • Serving 
       • Strokes
       • Hand-eye coordination
       • Timing and rhythm
       • Perception and anticipation
       • Footwork skills

We consider ourselves a solid resource guide for badminton and other racket sports but this is not to say there aren't others who are doing well and have been around for a longer time. Some of these badminton blogs have been an inspiration in many ways. Others have excellent stories on them which we would love for you to get a hold on, if you are looking for online badminton content.


BLOG REFLECTION QUESTIONS:

A. My understanding of Multimedia.
Multimedia is the use of a computer to present and combine text, graphics, audio, and video with links and tools that let user navigate, interact, create, and communicate. And a system of relaying information on entertainment that includes many different forms of communication.

B. How do I use Multimedia?
 
I properly and wisely use Multimedia, especially in communicating and interacting with people, and to learn new skills and knowledge without lectures guidance.

C. What do I think is the significance of using Multimedia?

Multimedia is a good way for communication because it is easy to communicate people And understand what they say.